These 10 Horrifying Creatures From 80’s Movies Are Still Giving Me Nightmares
Being born about halfway through 1990, the “80s have always seemed like a mysterious and archaic time to me. All I know about this strange era is what I”ve pieced together from my parents” sparse collection of video cassettes.
Whenever I popped in an ancient movie, there would inevitably be something there that would make me wet my pants. It made me so glad that I wasn”t born in the 1980s, which to me, will always be the time of monsters. Here are a few of the ones that still haunt my subconscious to this day.
1. The Mogwai after they have hatched into Gremlins
2. The Hell scene from All Dogs Go To Heaven
3. The crate monster from Creepshow
4. The Cutty Black Sow from Tales from the Darkside
5. The library ghost from Ghostbusters
6. The Poltergeist clown
8. The monster in the closet from Tales from the Darkside
9. The Crypt Keeper
Maybe there were some movies and TV shows in the “80s that weren”t terrifying, but for me, I”m going to stick to the movies I grew up with in the “90s and early 2000s, where if there were monsters, they were dry and would let you catch them in spheres and love you. (I”m talking about Pokemon, all you “80s geezers.)